Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are there any documented cases of people having memories from previous lives?

Siddhārtha Gautama remembered all of his previous lives, but most of us are not as wise as he was. Are there any convincing stories of people that remember previous lives? I once heard an interesting story of a small boy that knew so much about fishing without being taught. His father asked him when he learned all of this, and the boy's response was ';When I was older';.Are there any documented cases of people having memories from previous lives?
Read the classic study by Dr. Ian Stevenson, ';Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation';. He taught at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville.





Another fascinating book is ';Across Time and Death: A Mother's Search for Her Past Life Children'; by Jenny Cockell.Are there any documented cases of people having memories from previous lives?
I read somewhere that birthmarks (such as moles) are markings from a past life. I have a birthmark on my neck, and the spot where it is always gives me anxiety? Weird, mabey its hoe i died in a past life?...
Look up Ian Stevenson.





Edit- The question was asking for documented cases of reincarnation. Ian Stevenson did just that - he documented cases of reincarnation!
It seems that the only ones I've ever heard are the same ones. There's an urban legend based on the Weekly World News feel about them. The name Stephenson comes to mind, and a boy in India.
There are many related in ';The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying'; by Sogyal Rinpoche. But no scientific documentation that I am aware of.
The ';spirit/entity'; that possess he/her remembers, not he/her as a person.
Sorry, I do not believe in Reincarnation





altho Reincarnation makes more sense than heaven/hell
I'm reading the book ';Spook'; now -- it's the first chapter. Interesting.
Anecdotes are mostly nonsense.
OH! Memories..... (embarassed) I thought you said hemorroids.
Yes. And it's just as untrue as any religious mumbo jumbo.
I've seen some reports of it. I didn't dig deeply into them, but on the surface at least, they were inexplicable.





peace
Documented? I guess we could all make up something. Just how would we prove it?
None that I know of.
';yes';
Not that I know of
no it is just dreams.....there are no previous lives....

No comments:

Post a Comment